4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join the Old Strathcona Business Association as we light up McIntyre Park to kick-off the holiday season. On Saturday, November 27, we’re turning McIntyre Park and 83 Avenue into a winter wonderland! Outdoor activities are family-friendly, FREE, and there are several buildings nearby to access washrooms. Plus there will be plenty of hot drinks and winter treats available for purchase, and firepits to keep you cozy. Start your holiday season in District Whyte!
- Entertainment throughout the park and 83 Avenue
- Free take-home craft kits from the Edmonton Public Library Strathcona branch
- Outdoor story time with EPL
- Ice on Whyte ice carving demonstration ????
- Flying Canoë Volant photobooth ????
- Mrs. Claus visits the park ????????
Firepits for warming up at the park, on 83 Avenue and in the Back Street ????
At the Event Info Tent: Spin the Wheel for prizes; OSBA tote bags & toques – Bring a donation for the Edmonton Food Bank and you can spin-to-win
4:30pm Welcome and Greetings
4:45pm Jay Flair Magic
5:10pm The Great Balanzo, circus & comedy
5:35pm Twophonium, musical duo
6:00pm Jay Gilday, singer-songwriter
6:30pm Amanda Panda Hula Hoop Circus
7:00pm Thank you and closing
4:40pm Mrs. Claus visits the park
4:00-4:40pm Winter Fairy
4:00-4:25pm Twophonium, musical duo
4:00-7:00pm Dave Jukebox Lee, musician
4:15-4:35pm Jay Flair Magic
4:25-5:00pm Amanda Panda Hula Hoop Circus
4:40-6:30pm Juggler at the farmers’ market
4:45-5:05 Twophonium, musical duo
5:00-5:40pm Winter Fairy, stilt walker
5:30-6:00pm Amanda Panda Hula Hoop Circus
5:35-5:55pm Jay Flair Magic
6:00-7:00pm The Royal Guards
- McIntyre Park light displays, including the gazebo and mega-trees ????
- “Heartbeat” from Vignettes ????
- Light tunnel ????
Food and Drinks (for purchase):
- Flying Canoe tire sur la neige (maple taffy) and tourtiere (both are cash only)
- Mr. Capy, South American street food
- Woodrack Cafe, $5 any-size oatnog, full menu until 7pm
- Sugared & Spiced full menu until 7pm
- Fringe Grounds Cafe, full menu until 7pm, licensed
- Pop-up food vendors, cafe tables and washrooms at Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market
Farmers’ market vendors are:
- Theo’s Kouzina, baklava
- YEG Fresh – green onion cakes, spring rolls, hot dogs, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, pop and water
- MOBO, kombucha
- Canadian Kettle Corn – kettle corn, mini donuts, and cotton candy
- Fantasy Pretzels – pretzels, mini donuts, meat pies and lemonade
- The Candyman – full concession
- Quarter Section – cinnamon buns
- AY CO Bakeshop – meat pies, savoury pastries and cookies
Free parking until 11 pm in farmers’ market parking lot.
Pay-What-You-Can pre-ticketed events:
Ticketing is required to help our partner Edmonton Fringe contact trace. Indoor events will require proof of double-vaccination, medical exemption, or 72-hour negative Covid test. Children under 12 years of age also exempt from vaccination conditions. Masks are required indoors.
For the adults (pre-ticketed):
Join Mrs. Claus for a drag and burlesque show to kick-off the holidays. Tickets will be available through Edmonton Fringe, with two performances scheduled on November 27 (7pm & 9pm). This one is for adults only.
(Update: 7pm show is sold out, 9pm nearly sold out)
Thank you to our sponsors and partners for helping bring Winter Whyte Light Up to life.
Lead Sponsors: Explore Edmonton, Edmonton Fringe
Supporting Sponsors: WinterCity Edmonton, Five Star Holiday Decor
Masks and social-distancing will be encouraged at all outdoor events. Indoor events require masks and proof of vaccination as public health guidelines determine. Please check our website and social media posts for updates.