Life Is Better With Friends
We all have that somebody that has seen us at our best, worst & everything in between…AKA a best friend! To celebrate #bestfriendsday we’ve dedicated this blog to all kinds of activities and treats to share with your bestie on Whyte Avenue:
- Brunch: With Whyte Avenue having some of the best brunches on the planet–take advantage of this and go for brunch! Some of my favourite brunch places on Whyte Ave are The Next Act (seriously, have you tried the spinach dip? It’s life changing), Malt & Mortar, Remedy and Under The High Wheel.
- Shop: There are SO many places to find gifts that say “thank you for being there for me”-Laurels on Whyte is always the go-to for flowers, Foosh or The Come Up is great for high end tees and hoodies, or maybe a new necklace from The Plaid Giraffe? Plus, matching jewellery is just as cool as it was in fifth grade. The options are seriously endless.
- Sweet Treats: If your best friend is like mine–they love ice cream. Made By Marcus, Yelo’d and Drizzle are just a few great picks, but really – what says “I appreciate you” like a sweet treat?
Dinner & Drinks, Anyone?
- Thrifting: My best friend has always been my role model when it comes to things like sustainability. Going thrifting together is one of the best ways to bond. Plato’s Closet has something for everyone with almost every name brand you can think of, as well as a wide array of unisex clothes. Then, a visit to Wrinkled (in their brand new location) to check out all of their clothing, and next it’s time to end the trip with a stop at Goodwill.
- Dinner: Wrap up the day with dinner – Julio’s is one of my favourite places. Friendship and tacos just go together. Plus, the weather is beautiful so sitting on their patio for is a must. And we hear a new restaurant in the neighbourhood is also dishing up delicious tacos over at Marlo!
- A night out: It’s no secret that Edmonton’s nightlife is incredibly well known. I think the best way to end #bestfriendsday is to grab a drink from your favourite bar. My friends and I love The Buckingham, the music is always amazing and the vibes are great. What more could you want?
Don’t Sleep On Your Work Bestie Either!
While on the topic of besties, I feel the need to shoutout work besties too. Karey is the other student working with me at Old Strathcona Business Association (OSBA) this summer. Today, we took a quick stroll over to Pablo Cheese Tart for a sweet treat to break up the afternoon–I got a milkshake and she got mango cheese soft serve.
So don’t forget to take a break and invite your work friends along for a quick treat too, teamwork always makes the dream work. And you an always bring the party back to work with Doughnut Party or taking lunch at a local restaurant or cafe like Blowers & Grafton or La Bosco.
No matter who you are taking out for this #bestfriendsday, Whyte Avenue has you covered.