Meet our newest businesses!
There has been no shortage of change around Whyte Avenue over the summer and we are pumped to round up the latest openings, and other exciting business announcements from the last 3 months!
- Pals has all things sandwiches, cocktails, and desserts totally covered. We’re talkin’ classic grilled cheese, pastrami, hoagie, potato salad, strawberry rhubarb crumble & gin basil smash to top it off.
- Yutaka Japanese Bistro & Bar is serving up modern Japanese fare & handcrafted cocktails. Think fried chicken bao sandos, k-pop candy cocktails, and homemade ramen too.
- Lucky Kitchen is open 7 days a week from 11am-10pm, be sure to check out the main menu AND the all day dim sum menu.
- Sorellina means “little sister” in Italian and this new cafe on the block is female owned & operated. Come for the rotating selection of coffee, stay for the laid back, neon atmosphere.
- Judan Hair has been operating in Korea for 10 years & opened in Edmonton in 2019 and we’re excited to welcome their second location right here on Whyte Ave!
- Churchill’s British Imports – you might be thinking…this rings a bell…and it should! Churchill’s isn’t so new on the scene, but they’re back in business and in their original location on Gateway Blvd too.
- Youthful You Aesthetics offers all kinds of beauty & skincare services like botox, dysport, dermal fillers, PRP for hair loss, skin care & more!
- Toxic Locs Hair Design is no stranger to the neighbourhood, but recently moved into a brand new space offering gender neutral cutting prices and a full range of coloring and styling.
- Sugarlash Pro headquarters is now open & offering industry training and products like lash kits and brushes. Services are also available at this location via Lift Lab!
Oh yes, there’s more
The good news doesn’t stop there, check out these other welcome additions to the Old Strathcona Business Improvement Area: Curex Currency Exchange, Art N About Gallery & Studio, Four20, Brits N Bobs, and Edmonton Cannabis and Edibles.
We also have to shoutout a couple of long time Old Strathcona businesses who recently moved into new, bigger locations. You can now shop amazing streetwear finds at From Another and The Come Up + all things alternative at Goth Unite. And Daawat is serving up the same great Indian food at their new spot @ 10355 82 Avenue, open for dine-in, takeout, or delivery 7 days a week.
Okay, one more! Because, well…