MEET OUR NEWEST BUSINESSES!
If these first few months of 2023 have showed us anything, it’s that Edmonton loves its sweet treats! But it doesn’t stop there, we welcomed 20 new businesses to the area from January to March. Check ’em out & stop by next time you’re in the neighbourhood.
- PhatBar Bakery is all about the 90s vibes with graffiti painted walls and an old school arcade game. You’ll want to try the PhatTart, Rainbow Cheesecake & enjoy bottomless coffee on Thursdays.
- Bonjour Bakery not only moved operations into the neighbourhood, they built a whole new building to house their full kitchen and in house flour milling. They specialize in ‘pain au levain’ (French for sourdough) using wild yeast culture to create their distinct offering of breads & other baked goods. (P.S. they also sell cheese)
- Everyone must know Doughnut Party by now…but did you know they opened a new spot right here in the neighbourhood? It’s a party, and you’re invited!
- Cococo Chocolates is an award winning Calgary based manufacturer and retailer of artisanal chocolates. & speaking of awards, they received ‘Bronze – Best Vegan Chocolates‘ from the 2022 International Chocolate Salon.
- You might have seen Lewis Mayhem at the Witchery Market is years past, but now you can catch them full time right on the Ave for all kinds of alternative & festival fashions.
- Skater owned & operated, Ninetimes is Edmonton’s new local destination for the latest in clothing, shoes, and of course – boards!
- New bike shop alert! Eros Cycles is here offering your basic and full tune ups + custom projects and vintage bike rebuilds.
- Second Place Studio is a creative space dedicated to local artists for pop up shops & art exhibitions.
- Inner Five Studios offer yoga classes focused on technique, lifestyle, and healing. There are a variety of classes throughout the week either in studio or livestream.
- At DiveThru, you’re not alone in your struggles – this is a new space for therapy and community. Take their online quiz to get matched with a therapist that best fits your mental health journey.
- Scona Sports & Physiotherapy is all set in their new space to welcome clients and get you back to enjoying the things you love most, after all – movement is medicine!
- Approach Psychology is a no-holds-barred, no-bs approach to psychology that meets your specific needs. And, they’re currently offering a limited number of pay-what-you-can appointments for up to 5 sessions.
OH, THERE’S MORE…
Welcome to the other new shops in the neighbourhood:
- Harmony Beauty – 10107 82 Avenue
- Cannabis Bay – 9912 82 Avenue
- Khrome Nail Bar– 10103 81 Avenue
- Papa John’s Pizza – 8210 109 Street
- Family Pizza 2 for 1 – 8241 104 Street
After a short little break to close their original location, Yelo’d Ice Cream & Bake Shoppe is back, and bigger & better, in the historic Dominion Hotel! They are joining some great neighbours in the building with Woodrack Cafe on the main floor, and Kluane Mountaineering in the basement.
Rapid Fire Theatre is no stranger to locals either, but they are also back (in a way, they never left) with a brand new permanent home at the Telus Strathcona Exchange Building. Take a look at the process of transforming this space into a brand new theatre destination here.
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements, they just keep rolling in! We’re looking forward to:
- Formerly known as Just Cook Kitchens – local fare, drinks & entertainment from multiple chefs under one roof
- Yes, those classic Canadian beavertails
- Community Natural Foods
- Look forward to fair trade, local, and organic products reviving the former Planet Organic
- Paris Baguette
- Pastries, fresh baked bread, cakes & other delights
- Tiki Tiki on Whyte
- Polynesian fusion and modern gastropub
- Leo’s Cafe
- Coming soon to an alley near you
AND rumor has it, there may be a new brewery on the menu 😉