Updated May 7, 2021
On May 4, 2021 new measures were announced to help stop the spike of current COVID-19 cases in the province. For detailed information on affected businesses and services, please review detailed guidance on the Government of Alberta website.
The Old Strathcona Business Association’s Economic Recovery Task Force identified that many of our businesses were leading the charge on best practices for COVID-19 safety. We have created COVID-19 Business Safety Guidelines to share and reference some tips to help our neighbours refine current business operations and build upon existing COVID-19 policies!
- 2021 BIA Taxes Waived (more details to come)
- Edmonton Economic Action Plan Grant (phase 2 funding is expected to open in June)
- Edmonton Economic Recovery Grant (phase 1 funding still accepting applications)
- 2021 Temporary Outdoor Patio & Retail Space Program
- YEG Business Recovery Program
- Making Edmonton Digital
- Edmonton COVID-19 Support for Businesses
- Temporary Face Covering/Mask Bylaw
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (currently available for the period of Sept 2020 to June 2021)
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (current rate structures in effect until June 5, 2021)
- Managing Your Business During COVID-19 (financial support, loans and access to credit)
- Innovation Canada Benefit Finder: (Answer a few questions and receive a customized list of programs and services from among hundreds of options including funding, wage subsidies, export advice, expert advice and more, plus more than 160 COVID-specific programs.)
- OSBA COVID-19 Business Safety Guidelines
- OSBA Physical Distancing
- My Mask Protects You, Your Mask Protects Me
- Help Prevent The Spread Alberta
- Edmonton Mask Bylaw Posters
- Printable Posters: AHS Covid Signage
- Marketing tips from OSBA: staying connected with your customers
- Neighbourhood Empowerment Team Resources
- Text4Hope: Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe
- Wellness Together Canada: Free access to courses, counselling, and community support
- Mobile Tools for Mental Wellness
- Canadian Mental Health Association Online Crisis Chat
- Government of Canada: Taking Care of Your Mental Health
Business Improvement Area Support Programs: With funding from the Edmonton’s Economic Recovery Grant and support from Edmonton’s BIA Council, we have 2 programs being offered to the Edmonton BIA community:
- Making Edmonton Digital – Hands on assistance to create or improve your brand and marketing efforts with various digital tools (Google profile, social media, website, e-commerce, photography).
- YEG Business Recovery Program – Need help with your small business? You’re not alone. Get 1:1 support from a dedicated Business Link coach who will walk alongside you to navigate this challenging time.