Updated February 4, 2021
The Government of Alberta has shared a new path forward with the 4-step reopening plan beginning February 8, 2021. Province wide restrictions are still in effect to help slow the spread of COVID-19. To find out how these restrictions may affect your business, please review detailed guidance on the Government of Alberta website.
The Old Strathcona Business Association’s Economic Recovery Task Force identified that many of our businesses were leading the charge on best practices for COVID-19 safety. We have created this COVID-19 Business Safety Guidelines kit to share and reference some tips to help our neighbours refine current business operations and build upon existing COVID-19 policies!
- NEW: Path forward 4-step reopening plan
- Updated: Alberta Small - Medium Size Business Grant (up to $20K for eligible businesses + new businesses open after March 2020)
- Alberta Biz Connect (For sector specific relaunch guidance)
- Alberta Education Property Tax
- WCB Payment Deferral
- NEW: Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- NEW: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Managing Your Business During COVID-19
- Innovation Canada Benefit Finder: Answer a few questions and receive a customized list of programs and services from among hundreds of programs and services including funding, wage subsidies, export advice, expert advice and more, plus more than 160 COVID-specific programs.
- OSBA COVID-19 Business Safety Guidelines
- OSBA Physical Distancing
- My Mask Protects You, Your Mask Protects Me
- Help Prevent The Spread Alberta
- Edmonton Mask Bylaw Posters
- Printable Posters: AHS Covid Signage
- Marketing tips from OSBA: staying connected with your customers
- Neighbourhood Empowerment Team: Business safety matters
- Text4Hope: Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe
- Wellness Together Canada: Free access to courses, counselling, and community support
- Mobile Tools for Mental Wellness
- Canadian Mental Health Association Online Crisis Chat
- Government of Canada: Taking Care of Your Mental Health
Business Improvement Area Programs: With funding from the Edmonton’s Economic Recovery Grant and support from Edmonton’s BIA Council, we have 2 programs being offered to the Edmonton BIA community:
- Making Edmonton Digital – Hands on assistance to create or improve your brand and marketing efforts with various digital tools (Google profile, social media, website, e-commerce, photography).
- YEG Business Recovery Program – Need help with your small business? You’re not alone. Get 1:1 support from a dedicated Business Link coach who will walk alongside you to navigate this challenging time.