What To Expect
The OSBA typically hosts two general meetings every year. The Spring General Meeting (SGM) provides an opportunity to review the Annual Report from the previous year and for us to speak to upcoming projects. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) requires members to vote on the proposed budget for the upcoming year and vote in new or returning members to the Board of Directors.
Participation and engagement from business members is highly encouraged so that we can continue to provide the necessary programs and supports that directly benefit our membership!
SPRING GENERAL MEETINGS
The next SGM will be held on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. Here is what you can expect during the meeting:
- 30 minute presentation with highlights from the 2022 Annual Report and Audited Financials + upcoming projects and initiatives
- 60 minutes of facilitated discussion on topics relating to community wellness and safety
- Members will be encouraged to engage in conversations and provide input into an advocacy strategy that can help us address community concerns around safety
- Connect with OSBA staff, board, and fellow businesses
- Food & drink will be provided
When & Where
- Wednesday, May 17
- 5:30pm to 7pm
- Rapid Fire Theatre, 10437 83 Avenue NW
- When considering your experiences as a business in Old Strathcona, what has been frustrating you, and where have you seen improvements?
- What kind of solutions or programs have you seen work in Old Strathcona, Edmonton, or other cities? Do you have any ideas for new programs or solutions that we should consider?
- When it comes to setting priorities, which issues and solutions should we prioritize with the provincial government and the city?
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
The next AGM will be held on Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Please check back for details.
If you have any questions about our annual general meetings or want more information please reach out to email@example.com!
OPERATING PROCEDURES AND BYLAWS
Not sure what a BIA is? Learn more about what we do, and find our BIA boundary map on the About Us page. Our Strategic Plan, Economic Indicators and other reports can also be found here.