IMAGINE BEING A PART OF OLD STRATHCONA
Picture yourself in the heart of it – opening the doors to your business in the hottest district in the city. Centred around Whyte Avenue in Edmonton, Alberta, Old Strathcona sees thousands of daily visitors all year round. Home to some of the city’s most exciting festivals, and truly one-of-a-kind businesses and events, Old Strathcona (also known as District Whyte) is active around the clock. People and businesses throughout the area believe in building community, and customers are ready and willing to shop locally to support their values.
Entrepreneurs, artists, innovators and visionary business owners create a unique experience throughout the district, both within and beyond their doors.
If you are passionate about an idea for a product or service, and have a unique vision for how you can share it with the world, Old Strathcona is the place for you.
WHY YOU SHOULD OPEN A BUSINESS IN OLD STRATHCONA
- 3/4 of patrons in Old Strathcona walk around and explore various businesses — with more than half of them shopping in groups.
- Old Strathcona is a hub for festivals, events, and the arts.
- There are over 50 murals and public art displays.
- There are more than 60 active patios during the summertime.
- One of the top 3 most bike-friendly neighbourhoods in Edmonton.
- Old Strathcona is a designated transit corridor with higher frequency transit networks.
- More than 1800 stalls and street parking spaces available.
WHERE TO BEGIN
Download our information package to learn more about the area, the various business sectors and your opportunity to create the next amazing District Whyte experience.
TAKE YOUR NEXT STEPS
Talk to your leasing agent or one of the innovative developers in the neighbourhood.
We can’t wait to meet you!
SUCCESS IN OLD STRATHCONA
See some stories about how passionate business people have found success in our neighbourhood.
The OSBA gratefully acknowledges support for this package is in part funded by the Edmonton Economic Recovery Grant from the City of Edmonton.