Second Hand Stores to Beat the Heat:
If you’re like me, you love sustainability and have a passion for thrifting. And during the winter months I almost always forget that Edmonton gets super hot during the summer–leaving me panicked for buying new summer gear. Every. Single. Year. So, I’ll be giving you a list of some of my favourite places to shop for hot weather essentials. Who doesn’t love saving money & helping the environment?
Wrinkled Consignment just opened their doors to a brand new location just this month, where they have a wide array of shorts, light jackets, tanks & sunglasses where you can be sure you’ll beat the heat in style.
The Flea has $10 Bins–where you can get a bunch of vintage tees, sweaters, shorts and accessories for $10. These piles are truly magical for getting some great vintage tees & baseball hats that will have you looking super fresh on the streets of Whyte Ave.
Platos Closet always has some not-so-hidden gems when it comes to summer clothes–such as a classic pair of Levi denim shorts, Aritzia tanks and shorts, brand name overalls, rompers and more! Plus, you can bring your old clothes in to sell for extra spending money! Upgrading your wardrobe and getting money to do it? Sign me up!
More Thrift & Consignment
A few other locations that you definitely need to stop by for new summer wardrobe:
- Goodwill on Whyte Avenue: Go grab yourself some great pre-loved accessories, shorts, blouses, etc!
- Wardrobe on Whyte: A great selection of chic styles for all occasions.
- Nu2You: For more of a classic boutique vibe–including tons of designer wear!
- Mod Uncorked: With a huge selection of shoes, including sandals and a bunch of summer essentials, you will be comfortable & cool this summer.
- Red Pony Consignment: Urban and chic with an incredible selection for whatever the weather may be.
- The Come Up: Great vintage finds that curate the perfect combination of nostalgic and modern trendiness.
- From Another: The trendiest brands right now with a side of the coolest kicks needed for this summer.
- The R.A.K: With their doors just opening–they have a huge selection of casual to classic styles for any event that you’re heading to this summer.