We are excited to announce a window repair program for Old Strathcona Business Association members to help with the cost of repairing window damage due to vandalism. This is possible thanks to one-time funding provided by the City of Edmonton following advocacy from the OSBA for more business supports.
If you have a ground-level business within the Old Strathcona Business Improvement Area and one of your windows has been broken as a result of vandalism, we can provide you with funding up to a maximum of $2500 to assist with the costs of repair. This program is a reimbursement grant, so an applicant must show proof of expenses paid to qualify.
All of the following criteria must be met:
- Levy-paying member of the Old Strathcona Business Improvement Area.
- A commercial, street-level business.
- Window(s) must have been damaged/broken due to vandalism.
- Repairs/replacement of broken window(s) and associated costs must have been incurred after
February 1, 2023.
- Must have a valid business license.
- The person submitting the application is the property owner or a person/tenant legally
designated by the property owner to complete the Window Repair Grant Program.
How to apply
Please review the program guide prior to submitting your application. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will remain open until all program funding is distributed by year end. As long as funding is available, applications will be accepted until December 1, 2023 to ensure that all funds are paid out by the deadlines required by the City of Edmonton. If you have any questions about your repairs, the program, or your application please reach out to email@example.com.
This is all you will need to complete your application:
- Review program guide
- Submit the online application which includes:
- Copy of City of Edmonton business license
- Photo(s) of the broken window with proof of location (façade, address, etc.)
- Photo(s) of the repaired window if already fixed (with proof of location – façade, address, etc.)
- Window repair quote, estimate, invoice, or receipt
- Corporate signing authority form (confirming signing authority for business)
- Property owner agent authorization form (if applicable, the property owner can appoint an agent to act on their behalf)
The maximum grant amount issued will be 50% of the total eligible work, to a maximum of $2,500.
Members are those who are assessed annually by the City of Edmonton for the Business Improvement Area (BIA) tax. If you are not sure if you are a member please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm prior to submitting your application.
Applications will be retroactively considered dating back to February 1, 2023. Proof of installation for the work being completed on or after this date is required. Replacement of broken windows prior to February 1, 2023 are not eligible under this program.
Applications will be reviewed within a maximum of 10 business days following submission. Incomplete applications may result in delays.
Once you have received your Allocation Letter outlining the project description and approval, the project must be completed within eight weeks from the date of the Allocation Letter.
Payment will be sent once all documentation is submitted and verified by the Grant Administrator. You will receive instructions by email to submit your banking information through vendor payment system, RBC PayEdge, so that the funds can be released by direct deposit. Please allow up to 30 days for processing of the application and payment.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis and will remain open until all program funding is distributed by year end. As long as funding is available, applications will be accepted until December 1, 2023 to ensure that all funds are paid out by the deadlines required by the City of Edmonton.
Yes! Businesses may apply multiple times up to a maximum of $2500 per business license. However, applications are limited to one per window meaning you cannot apply multiple times to replace the same window.